Associate Scientist Protein Science
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
With unrivaled expertise in immunology, and operating sites in North America (East and West Coast) and Europe, Nexelis is a leading provider of assay development and advanced laboratory testing services in the infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, and oncology fields. Our versatile team of scientists, working with our advanced technology platforms, were instrumental in the development, qualification, validation, and large-scale sample testing of assays that supported the FDA filing of almost 100 new molecular entities, including blockbuster vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and immunotherapy, gene and cell therapy products.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the Associate Scientist position in Protein Science team. This position reports to the Associate Director, Laboratory Operations. The candidate will have to carried out protein purifications with or without Tag from raw lysate to reach high level of purity. In addition, the candidate will have to worked on projects related to COVID-19. The candidate must have practical expertise in protein purification, be well organized and able to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Support the Expert Scientist in protein purification and in any other laboratory tasks, if needed;
- Perform protein purifications with or without Tag using AKTA system and with different chromatographic separation methods (affinity, ion exchange, gel filtration, ultrafiltration / diafiltration, etc.);
- Follow the procedures in place to ensure the quality and integrity of the results;
- Analyze the results obtained and complete the laboratory notebooks;
- Perform maintenance and calibration of the instruments when necessary;
- Perform all other tasks related to the laboratory;
- Participate proactively in all initiatives allowing the optimization of operations, the satisfaction of our customers and the growth of the company.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant experience in protein purification;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability for meticulous work, communication and teamwork in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Autonomous, flexible and ingenious;
- Comfortable in high growth environments;
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and be flexible in responding to changing priorities;
- Proficient with office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Two years of experience in the use of protein purification techniques;
- Industry experience (CRO, Biopharma or a Biotech company);
- Excellent French and English, written and spoken.
B.Sc. in biological sciences