Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
With unrivaled expertise in immunology, and operating sites in North America (East and West Coast) and Europe, Nexelis is a leading provider of assay development and advanced laboratory testing services in the infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, and oncology fields. Our versatile team of scientists, working with our advanced technology platforms, were instrumental in the development, qualification, validation, and large-scale sample testing of assays that supported the FDA filing of almost 100 new molecular entities, including blockbuster vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and immunotherapy, gene and cell therapy products.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the Associate Scientist position. This position reports to VP Operations. The candidate will participate in the development, qualification, and validation of immunological methods: ligand binding assays, viral and bacterial functional assays, etc.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments following the instructions (SOP);
- Follow the procedures in place to ensure the quality and integrity of results;
- Analyze the results obtained and synthesize them as needed;
- Carry out the maintenance and calibration of instruments when necessary;
- Proactively participate in all initiatives that optimize operations, satisfy our customers and grow the business.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant experience in development, qualification, validation and problem solving, related to immunology analyzes;
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving;
- Aptitude for meticulous work, communication and teamwork;
- Very autonomous, flexible and resourceful;
- Comfortable in high growth environments;
- Knowledge of the main software programs of the MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) is an asset;
- Experience in Industry (CRO, BioPharma or Biotech environment);
- Excellent French and English, written and spoken.
At least a DEC diploma in biological sciences and over 3 years of experience using immunology techniques.