IT Senior Director (Laval)
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
Should you consider yourself to be among the best IT Senior Director in town, here is your chance to participate in the daily life of the most successful advanced testing service provider in the immunology field. Involved in more than 15 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine developments in partnership with multinational pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotechnology companies and prestigious NGOs such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or CEPI, we also proudly serve the needs of our clients in fields such as Flu (universal and seasonal), meningitis, respiratory syncytial virus, chikungunya, malaria, or HPV and are growing an immune-oncology franchise.
The IT Senior Director is responsible for the coordination of all regional (sites) requirements and their support. Any issues and their escalations shall be managed in conjunction with the Nexelis IT Senior Director.
With the aid of an external consultant agency, the IT Senior Director will have to (but is not limited to):
Support the strategy and governance of the company:
- Contribute to the planning of initiatives to support the growth of the organization.
- Work in collaboration with the management team and external consultants to identify technological solutions to improve the competitiveness and performance of the company.
Infrastructure and Application Operations Management:
- Accountable for follow-up of the essential transition and transformation projects (including the budget of Services).
- Accountable for the Service delivery performance in accordance with MSA.
- Escalate issues to the Monthly Management Contract Review Committee in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance relative to SLAs and take management action as appropriate.
- Responsible for external IT provider management activities (Managed Contracts): analyze, renew, optimize, and reduce costs to Nexelis managed contracts (with his team).
- Continuously review and improve the Services in collaboration with architecture, security and IT IS operations teams and program level councils.
- Support the improvement of business processes by implementing technological solutions adapted to growth needs.
- Implement and maintain the necessary IT controls adapted to the pharmaceutical industry, and specifically to maintain validated systems in collaboration with the validation team.
- Implement change management procedures to ensure the organization receives the required IT return on investment.
- Test the contingency plans and procedures for cyber security and the rapid resumption of essential business activities and services in the event of breakdowns, computer failures.
- Responsible for contract management with IT providers and accountable for the contracts’ performance and evolutions.
- Responsible to ensure that services and agreements meet and are aligned with Nexelis business expectation.
- Focus on business and End User satisfaction, manages services relationships strategy, service delivery, cost, and integration with the other IT functions.
- Accountability for our external providers relationship.
- Guide Nexelis executive members of the Governance Team (including financially).
- Align the outsourcing strategy with the Infrastructure technology strategy.
- Manage and build an effective and collaborative relationship between Nexelis and our external providers.
Experience and Qualifications
- 10 to 15 years of experience in evolving IT roles in a regulated field.
- Bilingual (French-English) oral and written.
- Excellent business sense, a spirit of analysis and synthesis and rigor.
- Has the ability to successfully lead a team of IT professionals, whether salaried staff or third parties.
- Ability to supervise the design, development and launch of various technological projects in a regulated environment within established deadlines.
- Ability to identify and manage system risks (i.e., new technologies and business changes).
- Ability to support the organization in the transition and change towards corporate objectives.
University degree in computer engineering or technology management