Laboratory Technical Supervisor
The Laboratory Technical Supervisor is a working supervisory position, responsible for day-to-day laboratory production. The Supervisor oversees and manages the training and performance of professional technologists, paraprofessional technicians, and specimen processing positions, and reviews the work of staff that are processing and testing laboratory test samples. The position is also responsible for implementing, reviewing, and adjusting technical and procedural changes to reach productivity and quality goals.
- Manage the planning and monitoring of analytical testing for all studies in collaboration with other managerial staff members;
- Assist lab staff in recognizing and documenting protocol deviations;
- Assist in the development and/or implementation of new tests or instrumentation following accepted laboratory procedures;
- Collaborate with other laboratory managers and QA department staff in developing and implementing quality assurance monitors for the technical laboratory;
- Monitor laboratory compliance with all applicable standard procedures and regulatory guidelines;
- Maintain a positive attitude and approach to the duties and challenges met by the laboratory while focusing on continuous laboratory, company, and personal growth;
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ligand binding, PK, or GLP experience required;
- Proficiency using office productivity applications such as spreadsheets, statistical applications, and presentation graphics;
- Sufficient language and writing skill to read, and understand professional literature, research, and scientific instructions;
- Strong math skills to conduct tests and analyze statistical data;
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts and consult with a range of internal contacts for purposes of testing, conversion of data, and problem solving.