Principal Scientist Biomarkers
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
With unrivaled expertise in immunology, and operating sites in North America (East and West Coast) and Europe, Nexelis is a leading provider of assay development and advanced laboratory testing services in the infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, and oncology fields. Our versatile team of scientists, working with our advanced technology platforms, were instrumental in the development, qualification, validation, and large-scale sample testing of assays that supported the FDA filing of almost 100 new molecular entities, including blockbuster vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and immunotherapy, gene and cell therapy products.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the Principal Scientist position. This position reports to the Senior Director, Bioanalytical and Biomarker Sciences. The Principal Scientist will have extensive experience in biomarker sciences. The position requires excellent ability to conduct extremely complex work that is critical to the Company’s success and leads to progress in the scientific.
- Designs and conducts experimental research and investigations to explore and support scientific discovery and development to support biomarker testing in our clinical lab.
- Records, interprets and analyzes study data. Develops study documentation, such as technical protocols, reports, reviews, publications and summaries that meet scientific written standards, and comply with Nexelis’ quality assurance, operations standards and the client-specific requirements.
- Conducts extremely complex work that is critical to the Company’s success and leads to progress in the scientific community.
- Disseminates and presents research findings to internal and external clients.
- Ensures high quality standard and scientific integrity in research activities are maintained.
- Leads and provides strong support for Biomarker Science to the leadership of the Assay Development and Validation team.
- Serves as a key resource for biomarker assay technical escalations, liaises closely with Scientific leadership.
- Stays current with relevant scientific and technical developments in relation to Nexelis scientific objectives.
- Provides advanced subject-matter representation of the Company at professional conferences, meetings, client visits, and to clients, vendors, auditors, investors and other external organizations.
- Assists Client Solutions staff by providing information and technical insights
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrates scientific and research experience, preferably in the biomarker sciences field
- Experienced and expertise with biomarker sciences is required
- Experienced with pharmacokinetic and/or anti-drug antibody (immunogenicity) assays is a plus;
- Understanding CAP/CLIA and Good Laboratory Practice and how it is applied to above services is desired;
- The position requires good knowledge of theories and principles of biology/immunology and protein chemistry techniques, such as but not limited to, immunoassays for biomarkers;
- Requires well-developed skills using office productivity applications such as spreadsheets, data reduction and statistical applications, and presentation graphics;
- Requires well-developed human relations skills to understand scientific concepts and/or consult with senior colleagues for purposes of problem solving;
- Requires the ability to analyze and solve technical problems under time pressure; Requires the ability to read, interpret and apply complex technical information;
- Must be self-motivated with sense of urgency, detail oriented, well organized and committed to mastering rigorous documentation standards related to CAP/CLIA, GLP and GCP standards.
PhD or Master's degree in biology/immunology or related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience within a CRO and/or Pharma/Biotech company