We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate with experience to fill the position of Purchasing Clerk. This position reports to the Associate Director, Operations Support and requires an ability to receive orders and maintain the inventory (receiving, storing, warehousing, shipping parcels abroad).
The person must also be flexible to negotiate the price of reagents, consumables or other materials to be ordered while maintaining an excellent relationship with distributors in the CRO / biotech / pharma industry.
- Receive the ordered material;
- Store the ordered material in the inventory;
- Maintain inventory with the ERP system;
- Refill items in the laboratory store;
- Act as inventory storekeeper for the laboratory;
- Primary point of contact with suppliers;
- Handle orders for all departments;
- Negotiate the price of orders;
- Follow up on orders;
- Identify new suppliers;
- Establish annual price lists with distributors;
- Prepare POs and requisitions in the ERP system.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to search various products independently;
- Ability to work under pressure according to priorities;
- Good negotiation and organizational skills;
- Master the tools of the MS Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Bilingual in English and French;
- Experience with ERP systems would be an asset.
Background education in life sciences with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in laboratory procurement in the CRO / biotech / pharma industry.