Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
Nexelis is hiring Scientists, and here is your opportunity to participate in the daily life of the most successful advanced testing service provider in the immunology field. Involved in more than 15 SARS-CoV2 vaccine developments in partnership with multinational pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotechnology companies and prestigious NGOs such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or CEPI, we also proudly serve the needs of our clients in fields such as flu (universal and seasonal), meningitis, respiratory syncytial virus, chikungunya, malaria, or HPV and are growing an immune-oncology franchise.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the Scientist position. We are looking for the ability to develop and validate cell-based assays, design research methods and testing procedures on a variety of different platforms, troubleshoot assay performance problems, and draft validation reports with minimal supervision and guidance.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic biotechnology environment that is challenging, rewarding and a source of personal pride and growth, we’re interested in hearing from you! Nexelis is located in Seattle, surrounded by mountains, forests and waterways of the Pacific Northwest.
- Develops and validates bioanalytical and biomarker immunoassay tests, design research methods and testing procedures on a variety of different platforms, troubleshoot assay performance problems; Is responsible for new assay validation/development progress and completion within projected timeframe.
- Organizes and documents scientific projects and activities.
- Records, reviews, interprets and analyzes study data. Develops study documentation, such as technical protocols, reports, reviews, publications and summaries that meet scientific written standards, and comply with Nexelis’ quality assurance, operations standards and the client-specific requirements.
- Coordinates with internal and external customers to integrate services and data into new and ongoing tests.
- Relays information in a timely manner to supervisory personnel regarding problems that may impact the laboratory’s ability to meet expected service and turn-around-time.
- Performs other duties related to laboratory performance and efficiency as assigned to support the overall objective of the position.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 4 years of bench laboratory experience in a clinical or GLP laboratory.
- Experienced with biomarkers, pharmacokinetic or anti-drug antibody (immunogenicity) assays is required.
- Experienced in the fields of immunotherapies and gene/cell therapies, and/or metabolic diseases is desired.
- Understanding Good Laboratory Practice and how it is applied to above services
- The position requires good knowledge of theories and principles of biology/immunology and protein chemistry techniques, such as immunoassays for bioanalytical immunogenicity and pharmacokinetic testing for large molecules.
- Requires well-developed skills using office productivity applications such as spreadsheets, data reduction and statistical applications, and presentation graphics.
- Must be self-motivated with sense of urgency, detail oriented, well organized and committed to mastering rigorous documentation standards related to GLP and GCP standards.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology/immunology or related field.