Senior Director of Bioanalytics and Biomarker Sciences (Seattle)
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
Nexelis is hiring, and here is your opportunity to provide senior-level leadership in the the most successful advanced testing service provider in the immunology field. Involved in more than 15 SARS-CoV2 vaccine developments in partnership with multinational pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotechnology companies and prestigious NGOs such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or CEPI, we also proudly serve the needs of our clients in fields such as flu (universal and seasonal), meningitis, respiratory syncytial virus, chikungunya, malaria, or HPV and are growing an immune-oncology franchise.
Reporting directly to Nexelis’ CSO, the Senior Director of Bioanalytics and Biomarker Sciences is responsible for acting in a leadership capacity in R&D, providing scientific expertise, people management, and extensive client-facing interactions at the highest level. You will be responsible for leading a team and implementing the strategic plans needed to ensure that the available R&D laboratory resources effect superior laboratory analyses in a highly efficient and productive environment.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic biotechnology environment that is challenging, rewarding and a source of personal pride and growth, we’re interested in hearing from you! Nexelis is located in Seattle, surrounded by mountains, forests and waterways of the Pacific Northwest.
- Take on primary responsibility for the work produced by the R&D section of the laboratory
- Work with Chief Scientific Officer, Business Development, laboratory scientist(s) & technologists, Director of Project Services, and QA Manager in the selection, validation and implementation of new lab tests
- Advise Director of Laboratory Services, Supervisors and other lab personnel with management responsibility
- Provide leadership in choosing the tactics used in the performance of R&D laboratory functions
- Review and respond to relevant quality assurance reports, including protocol deviations and trends in QC data that are identified by the QA department
- Positively represent Nexelis’ laboratory to clients, vendors, auditors, investors, news media, and other outside organizations, and contact potential clients at the request of the BD team
- Maintain revenue projection reports based on the most updated information on contracts and anticipated work
Experience and Qualifications
- Deep understanding of biomarkers and/or bioanalytics
- 10+ years of relevant laboratory experience including personnel management
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong scientific writing and communication skills for presentations, reports and scientific publications
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing teams, fostering a positive and effective workplace in which company goals are consistently met while team members’ career growth is also encouraged and supported
PhD in a relevant scientific discipline; training or certification in clinical laboratory science preferred.