Senior Scientist (Laval)
Work schedule6 month contract
Start dateAs soon as possible
Should you consider yourself to be among the best Senior Scientist in town, here is your chance to participate in the daily life of the most successful advanced testing service provider in the immunology field. Involved in more than 15 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine developments in partnership with multinational pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotechnology companies and prestigious NGOs such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or CEPI, we also proudly serve the needs of our clients in fields such as Flu (universal and seasonal), meningitis, respiratory syncytial virus, chikungunya, malaria, or HPV and are growing an immune-oncology franchise.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises and work on the execution of preclinical studies;
- Performs and provides direction for establishing, designing and executing new assay in response to the needs of clients. Provides support to technical staff in executing and documentation of data in reports;
- Supervises and prepares advanced data analysis, merging and transforming files and data, and identification of outliers for further study. Independently performs statistical tests as required for the assigned project, to study outliers, or to answer questions;
- Writes reports and bring scientific insight on complex research questions;
- Develops, writes and reviews assay methods and ensures good execution in the lab;
- Facilitates internal and external working relationships and communications;
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation among laboratory staff;
- Provides leadership/mentoring/training over technical staff;
- Serves as back-up and help to the laboratory in routine testing as designated;
- Relays information in a timely manner to supervisory personnel regarding problems that may impact the laboratory’s ability to meet expected service and turn-around-time;
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations;
- Supervise, coordinates and mentor on a day to day basis in the context of a project;
- Coordinate and monitor projects on a daily basis to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Performs scientific review;
- Follow all applicable procedures and escalates any potential issue, deviation, ideas for improvement to operations management to ensure project execution efficiency;
- Performs other duties related to laboratory performance and efficiency as the need arises.
Experience and Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced specialized knowledge of theories and principles of immune read-out;
- Well-developed skills using office productivity applications such as spreadsheets, data reduction and statistical applications, and presentation graphics;
- Advanced math skills to conduct tests and analyze the significance of preclinical tests and statistical data;
- Additional knowledge of statistical methods, including computer-aided statistical software;
- Well-developed human relations skills to convey scientific concepts and consult with a range of internal and external contacts in formal settings for purposes of testing, conversion of data, and problem solving.
- Perform the functions of the position, including planning, testing, and reporting;
- May analyze and interpret complex readouts from multiple assays;
- Think independently and resolve complex problems without supervision or guidance;
- Know how to operate the computers, operating systems, peripherals, and other equipment used by the Company for information retrieval, storage, analysis, and processing;
- Work collaboratively, follow logical progressions of testing projects and to think logically, creatively, and in abstract terms;
- Employ critical thinking and evaluation techniques when developing and testing significance of scientific and research-oriented data;
- Analyze and solve technical problems under time pressure.
- Masters in a biological science or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of laboratory experience in the context of CRO preclinical work.