Senior Scientist SARS-CoV-2 (Laval)
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
With unrivaled expertise in immunology, and operating sites in North America (East and West Coast) and Europe, Nexelis is a leading provider of assay development and advanced laboratory testing services in the infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, and oncology fields. Our versatile team of scientists, working with our advanced technology platforms, were instrumental in the development, qualification, validation, and large-scale sample testing of assays that supported the FDA filing of almost 100 new molecular entities, including blockbuster vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and immunotherapy, gene and cell therapy products.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the Scientist position. This position reports to the Associate Director, Laboratory Operations. The Scientist will have extensive expertise in virology, will be responsible to perform assay development, qualification and validation of SARS-CoV-2 assays.
- Supervise and perform the development, qualification and validation of assays to assess the immune responses to various vaccine/drug candidates including SARS-CoV-2;
- Prepare presentations of scientific data for internal and external discussions;
- Prepare qualification/validation plans and reports, procedures (analytical method) that meet standards of written scientific standards and comply with Nexelis’ quality assurance and operations standards and the client-specific requirements;
- Conduct literature searches of science/medical search engines and libraries;
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to the assays;
- Provide mentoring/training over Research Associates and technical staff;
- Be compliant to all applicable regulations (e.g., GCLP) and biosafety / EHS standards;
- Ensure optimization of operational efficiency in the lab;
- May interact with clients, business development, account management and operations management to support commercial proposals in terms of scientific design and lab workload assumptions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Expert of cell-based assays for neutralizing antibody detection;
- Proficiency in immunoassays and/or immunogenicity-based methodologies;
- Knowledge and experience in method development and validation of immunogenicity assays;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Team player, client oriented and strong organizational skills;
- Proficient with office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- At least 3 to 5 year’s experience in a CRO and/or a pharmaceutical company;
- Excellent French and English, written and spoken.
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in virology / immunology.