Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
With unrivaled expertise in immunology, and operating sites in North America (East and West Coast) and Europe, Nexelis is a leading provider of assay development and advanced laboratory testing services in the infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, and oncology fields. Our versatile team of scientists, working with our advanced technology platforms, were instrumental in the development, qualification, validation, and large-scale sample testing of assays that supported the FDA filing of almost 100 new molecular entities, including blockbuster vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and immunotherapy, gene and cell therapy products.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate with experience to fill the position of Specialist, Automation position. This position reports to the Director, Automation, Maintenance & Validation and requires strong experience at implementing and maintaining lab automation & software systems in regulated environments.
- Support the implementation of high throughput laboratory automated systems & software used in regulated laboratories (e.g. robotic vison systems, robotic liquid handling systems, custom data processing interfaces).
- Develop & update technical documentation, including but not limited to, user guides, validation design and functional specifications, operation/maintenance procedures.
- Manage change requests (e.g. repair, move, upgrade) and train laboratory personnel on lab computerized systems.
- Collaborate on the evaluation of new lab software to improve lab operation efficiency.
- Diagnose hardware/software issues & devise solutions in close collaboration with manufacturers and technical support team (schedule, assist, document, report).
- Ensure laboratory equipment and software life cycle management is carried out according to business strategy and internal procedures.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience implementing robotic systems
- 2 years’ experience with image processing software
- Object oriented programming experience (e.g. C#, VB.net) Exposure to the following software would be an asset: Halcon (MVTech), Zen (Zeiss) or Evoware (Tecan)
- Experience working in a regulated environment would be an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work methodically with a concern for precision and accuracy
- High focus required in order to execute complex interventions autonomously
- Excellent individual and teamwork, service oriented and organizational skills
- Proficient with office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (both oral and written)
- Background education in engineering or life sciences
- Sc. degree or equivalent