Specimen Management Technician III (Lead)
Work schedulePermanent, full time
Start dateAs soon as possible
Should you consider yourself to be among the best scientists or analysts in town, here is your chance to participate in the daily life of the most successful advanced testing service provider in the immunology field. Involved in more than 15 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine developments in partnership with multinational pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotechnology companies and prestigious NGOs such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or CEPI, we also proudly serve the needs of our clients in fields such as Flu (universal and seasonal), meningitis, respiratory syncytial virus, chikungunya, malaria, or HPV and are growing an immune-oncology franchise.
If this position if for you, just submit your CV and we will contact you soon.
- Assigns tasks to staff in line with project priorities;
- Monitors the installation, maintenance, and repair of laboratory refrigerators and freezers;
- Assists in communicating with outside vendors to coordinate refrigerator and freezer repair and maintenance;
- Provides leadership/mentoring/training to Specimen Management Technicians I/II;
- Completes required competency assessments for Specimen Management Technicians I/II;
- Relays information in a timely manner to supervisory personnel regarding problems that may impact the laboratory’s ability to meet expected timeline;
- Transfers documents to quality assurance for audits and archiving by established dates and deadlines;
- Monitors Specimen Management supply levels;
- Observes safety compliance and specimen management deviations, notifying supervisor and assisting with corrective action;
- Performs the duties of a Specimen Management Tech I/II when needed, including: sample receipt, accessioning, inventory of specimens/freezers, pulling samples for testing, and shipping specimens.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2 or more years of Specimen Management experience, preferably in a commercial or medical laboratory setting;
- Experience in a leadership role;
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of computer-aided applications for data entry and communications, data entry screen layouts, and common office productivity software;
- Sufficient math skills to record numerical data and compute sums and fractions;
- Ability to convey technical concepts with peers in a work team and to exercise courtesy with visitors;
- Sufficient ambulatory ability to move to-and-from receiving, lab, and storage areas.